Skip to main content
Vedische Culturenprogramma wordt op elke 3e zaterdag van de maand gehouden in Boxtel. Kom en geniet de transcendentale muziek, spiritueel kennis, Mantra yoga en heerlijk diner. प्रत्येक तेस्रो शनिबार हुने भजन किरतनमा सबैलाई नामहाट बक्स्टेलमा स्वागतम्





The journey of the subtle body

Very intersting and tangible evidences of the presence of the subtle body and its influence on the gross bodily activities are told to the audience of the Vedic cultural gathering by the very person who experianced it.

The reference to the subtle body mentioned by the Lord Krishna, see Bhagavad Gita As It Is 15:8 verse was practically experianced and proved by a devotee Frank de Boer which he told convincingly. Here under reproduced in summary is his life experiance both by his gross and subtle body.

Frank prabhu telling his journey of his subtle body
'As long as I can remember from my childhood, I was always painting a certain type of picture in my dream. This dream I saw almost every night and I was haunted by it. My mother is a very pious lady and believes in God. She is spiritually elevated and always enquisitive to know the absolute truth, the life and the force that makes this material body conscious, the vedic term to describe this  is her 'bramha jigyasa'. I am glad still today that my mother is always the source for my higher spiritual consciousness. She helped me develop this brahma jigyasa too and later on I started to ask myself; ' who am I?', 'where did I come from? and 'where am I going to be?'.

I read many books on the spiritual matters written by a German scholar and others books namely 'De Uitreden'. These books als gives insight into the presence of another body within and experiances beyound the conception of human intelligence. But I did not get the satisfying answer to my questions and their writing was not based much on absolute truth, or the wisdom revealed from the absolute, but rather researched by the authors, whose senses later can easily be understood as defective; a natural propensity of the human beings. I continued to search the answers to my questions.

I indeed sat for meditation. My gross bodily formations get extra ordinary impulses. The most exiting happening I could see with my eyes is that, I went out of my gross body. I could see that I went out and could rise up to any level. I even travelled out of the earthly hemishphere, went beyound the statosphere where other planets are revolving. That body which went out of my body is indeed my sublte body that that subtle body appearantly was non different from this real body as I could feel everything and record the experiances. But the gross body of mine could not give any directives to that body so I was take away by its own will.

Hearing this the audience sitting on the Naamhat hall and listening to Frank asked few questions. Could you visit to your forefathers who no are no more alive on earth? Were you may be using drug or was your experiance something like imaginary illussion. Frank answerd convincingly that, he never used drugs, nor scizophrenic. Visiting the bygone ancestors was not intended.

The turning point from his self centered search for the answers to his three questions continued and found himself overwhelmed by the facts given in the revealed literatures like the Bhagavd Gita As It Is. Frank continued his story of the journey of his own subtle body. He said, 'at one moment I travelled across the sky and from above somewhere I saw a beautiful temple like structure. I could see that the walls and roof of that building does not obstruct me so as I myself desired, I went down inside that building entering from its roof. Upon coming to a big hall beneath, I saw a holy person sitting majestically. I could not see his face clearly. I came back to my senses and I found myself back to my gross body. The paintings I used to make, the pictures were always in my mind and came often to my dreams. I went on enquiring over this experiances to the people I meet in my daily life. In the process I was directed by this strange energy to buy a book from a particular place and that was written by Saibaba. I read that book and I was taken away by the fact prsented in it. Human beings does have the subtle body. Perhaps I was enexpectedly and suddenly killed in my previous life while was busy painting a picture. The consciousness I had at that moment over that particular picture production was infact taken up in the sub-conscious state and perhaps got born, fortunately as a human person, but carrying the same consciousness of my previous life- the picture painting particularly of the last moment of living.

Upon reading the book over the Saibaba, I got some sort of feeling that make me confident to know myself who am I, who I was and what I will be? I was in trance, then my journey of the subtle body began. After hovering around, I came to the same temple like structure I saw earlier and could remember too, so I entered in the same way inside. This time I saw the same holy person sitting and this time I could see his face clearly. He is that Saibaba over whom I have already read in his book. I was facinated by this Eastern philosophy. I moulded my life as a follower of the Lord Shiva, usually Saibaba tradition does. After spending quite a number of years in this tradition I met Saibaba, also in the state of trance. At one moment he told me to worship Krishna and  leave the Saibaba tradition completely. I was totally heart broken by this advice. Yet as I was having the Brahma jigyasa, enquiring about the self or urge for the self-realization, I turned my life to become Krishna conscious.

Fortunately I was not bewildered by the mundane renderings of the Bhagavad Gita because the first Gita I got was the Bhagavad Gita As It Is explained by Srila Prabhupada. From this book of the absolute knowledge, I got my answers. It is mentioned as the fact that the mind, intellegence and false ego, comebines to act as the subtle body. This body identifies the gross body and feels what the human body would naturally feels. This subtle body feature appears as real as anything when in the gross body, life is understood based on the bodily concept only. Unless one comes to the reality that we are, but in fact, the soul proper, the spiritual spark from Krishna the sublte body does continues to take up another body, necessarly not of the human form. So transmigration takes place or also called reincarnation. Going through the Bhagavad Gita As It Is , I could understand myself, who I was, who am I and what I would be (based on my devotion to the Lord Krishna).

Frank prabhu concluded this nice fact of the journey of the subtle body. He then explained about his work situation, like as told in the Gita- yad karosi, yad snosi..chapter 9, everything he does, is for Krishna.

For further reading that has reference to the body and the subtle body questions, the explanation of the verse by Prabhupada is given below.

Chapter 15. The Yoga of the Supreme Person
TEXT 8
sariram yad avapnoti
yac capy utkramatisvarah
grhitvaitani samyati
vayur gandhan ivasayat
SYNONYMS
sariram--body; yat--as much as; avapnoti--gets; yat--that which;ca--also; api--virtually; utkramati--gives up; isvarah--the lord of the body; grhitva--taking; etani--all these; samyati--goes away; vayuh--air;gandhan--smell; iva--like; asayat--from the flower.
TRANSLATION
The living entity in the material world carries his different conceptions of life from one body to another as the air carries aromas.
PURPORT
Here the living entity is described as isvara, the controller of his own body. If he likes, he can change his body to a higher grade, and if he likes he can move to a lower class. Minute independence is there. The change his body undergoes depends upon him. At the time of death, the consciousness he has created will carry him on to the next type of body. If he has made his consciousness like that of a cat or dog, he is sure to change to a cat's or dog's body. And, if he has fixed his consciousness on godly consciousness, he will be transferred to Krsnaloka in the spiritual world and will associate with Krsna. It is a false claim that after the annihilation of this body everything is finished. The individual soul is transmigrating from one body to another, and his present body and present activities are the background of his next body. One gets a different body according to karma, and he has to quit this body in due course. It is stated here that the subtle body, which carries the conception of the next body, develops another body in the next life. This process of transmigrating from one body to another and struggling while in the body is called karsati or struggle for existence.

Comments

Buy Vedic literatures

Bhagavad Gita- Zoals Ze Is editie te koop op bol.com Alle boeken van Srila Prabhupada is ter beschiking gesteld. Als u vandaag besteld krijgt u het morgen thuis per courier dhl. All the books of Srila Prabhupada are available for sale. Place order today, next day you will get it at home per courier dhl in Europe. Email us: naamhat@hotmail.com

Our family numbers

Popular posts from this blog

Een kort omschrijving Ekadasi

In elke maand zijn er twee Ekadasi. Ekadasi betekent letterlijk de 11e van de dag voor volle maan en nieuwe maan. Deze dag is ook als een Madhava tithi genoemd, de favorite dag van de Heer Krishna. Om  Ekadasi  volledig na te leven, zoals Ambarisha Maharaja dat deed, is erg zeldzaam. We zouden het zo moeten proberen te doen, maar worden beïnvloedt door dit huidige tijdperk, Kali- yuga . Maharaja Ambarisha leefde in Satya- yuga , en hij was zo sterk dat hij een jaar lang zou hebben kunnen vasten zonder te slapen, terwijl hij op één been zou staan, zonder water te drinken of zelfs maar adem te halen. In Kali- yuga  zijn we echter noch sterk noch vergevorderd; maar we zijn toch fortuinlijk. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heeft uitgelegd dat als we hongerig zijn op  Ekadasi , we wat fruit, sap of melk mogen nemen. We dienen niet voortdurend te eten. Het is niet zo dat we een liter van een bepaalde soort sap drinken, en een half uur later weer een ander soort sap nemen, om daarna binnen een

Offerings to His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Maharaj

4th April '12, the auspicious occassion of the Vyasa puja celebration in honour of His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Maharaj who has been dedicated to develop particularly Mayapur to Vedic planetorium city, His Holiness Bhakti Caru Swami humbly submits his intimate offerings  and glorification, here under . HH Jayapataka Maharaj I was very fortunate to have a long and intimate association with His Holiness Jayapataka Swami Maharaja since I joined ISKCON. Undoubtedly he is one of the most exemplary leaders of ISKCON today. With the sincerity he is serving Srila Prabhupada is extremely praiseworthy. As a matter of fact ever since he met Srila Prabhupda he offered himself completely to his service and the way he is serving him till today is a wonderful example for all of us. In the early days in Mayapur there were not so many devotees. Therefore, we had the oportunity to have a very close relationship with each other. Although he was the leader of Maypur, he was very humble and carin

Savior of the World, Srila Prabhupada's appearance

The day after the  Lord Sri Krishna Janmastami  is the  Appearance Day of His Divine Grace Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada , the  Founder-Acarya  of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).  He is the savior of the world from sinful maneuvers though his preaching of the Vedic literatures.  Srila Prabhupada was sent by the Lord to fulfil Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's prediction  Prtvithe ache yata nagaradi grama, sarvatra pracara haibe more nama   - In every town and village of the world, My name will be heard . Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura wrote in his  Sajjona-tosani , "Soon there will be a time when the chanting of Krishna's name will be heard in England, France, Russia, Germany and America." His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder-Acarya of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), appeared as Abhay Charan De, in 1896, in Calcutta. He first met his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saras